Homes for Sale in Lockwood MT and Emerald Hills Homes for Sale Real Estate
Lockwood isn’t exactly a neighborhood of Billings, but is considered a suburb.
It is located 10 minutes northeast of Billings along Interstate 90. Although there has been lots of talk about annexing Lockwood to the city, as of right now there are no plans to do so.
If you’re seeking to view the homes for sale in Lockwood MT, you will find they’re set in an area with a rural vibe, yet close to the action in downtown Billings.
LOCKWOOD QUICK FACTS
- Lockwood’s population is 6,797 as of the last census.
- It is the largest unincorporated community in Montana.
- Lockwood is one of the state’s fastest-growing communities.
- The total area of Lockwood is 12.9 square miles.
If you buy a house in Lockwood, you’ll be joining the more than 81 percent of Lockwood residents who own their homes. This is a civic-minded group of neighbors who care about their community. Meetings to discuss Lockwood’s future are typically well-attended and the residents have put up both a website – LockwoodMontana.com – and a Facebook page.
Lockwood’s schools aren’t in the Billings School District and you’ll have your choice of which of the area’s two high schools is best for your student.
Outdoor recreational opportunities abound here in Lockwood. The Yellowstone River runs along the community’s western border and offers so much to the area’s residents. Hiking, hunting and fishing are just a few of the activities that draw locals to the river.
HOMES FOR SALE IN LOCKWOOD MT
You’ll find a diverse array of home styles here in Lockwood. Some of the homes are ideal for the horse owner while others sit in established neighborhoods or newer developments. Many of the area’s homes are on city water while others are on wells, cisterns and septic systems.
Subdivisions of note include Sierra Estates, Twin Coulee Estates, Dahl, Woodward Way and McIntosh.
Like Lockwood, Emerald Hills is a suburb. Surrounded by lofty pines, it is attractive to folks looking for a home in a rural area with a country vibe. Homes here sit on acreage with septic systems, cisterns and community wells. If wide-open spaces get your heart pounding, let’s look at homes for sale in Emerald Hills!
- Billings Homes for Sale
- Homes for Sale Billings Heights
- Billings West End Homes for Sale
- Briarwood Billings Homes for Sale
- Cloverleaf Meadows Homes for Sale
- Downtown Billings Homes for Sale
- Forest Park Billings MT Real Estate
- High Sierra Subdivision Real Estate
- Homes for Sale in Josephine Crossing
- Homes for Sale in Lockwood MT and Emerald Hills Homes for Sale
- Estate and Luxury Homes in Billings
- North Elevation Homes for Sale
- Northwest Billings Homes for Sale – Rimrock Real Estate
- Parkland West Billings Homes for Sale
- Homes for Sale in Rehberg Ranch Estates Billings MT
- Homes for Sale in Riverfront Pointe Subdivision Billings MT
- Subdivisions Near the Rims in Billings
- Yellowstone Country Club Estates Homes for Sale